Rasta Pasta Recipe- It is a colorful and flavorful dish that is inspired by the cuisine of Jamaica. The dish typically features a combination of red, yellow, and green vegetables, which are said to represent the colors of the Rastafarian movement. Some common ingredients used in Rasta pasta include bell peppers, tomatoes, and peas. The vegetables are typically sautéed with garlic and onion, and then mixed with cooked pasta and a creamy sauce. The dish can be served with a protein of your choice, such as chicken or shrimp.
Here are the general steps for making Rasta pasta:
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, prepare the vegetables by sautéing them in a skillet with garlic and onion. You can use bell peppers, tomatoes, peas, and any other vegetables you like in your Rasta pasta.
- To make the sauce, combine cream, cheese, and seasonings in a saucepan and heat until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and return it to the pot. Add the sauce and the vegetables, and stir everything together until the pasta is well coated with the sauce and the vegetables are heated through.
- Serve the Rasta pasta hot, garnished with additional cheese and fresh herbs if desired. You can also add a protein of your choice, such as chicken or shrimp, to the dish.