If you’re a fan of smoky barbecue flavors, then you’ll love this recipe for a Smoke whole chicken. Not only is it packed with flavor, but it’s also a good source of protein and essential vitamins and minerals. Plus, it’s easy to prepare and perfect for a summer cookout. All you need is a whole chicken, your favorite BBQ rub, and a smoker. Just season the chicken, smoke it for 4-6 hours, and you’ll have a delicious and satisfying meal. Just follow food safety guidelines and cook the chicken to a safe internal temperature to prevent the risk of food poisoning.
Ingredients for Smoked Whole Chicken:
- 1 (3-4 pound) whole chicken
- Your favorite BBQ rub
- Wood chips for smoking (optional)
Instructions for Smoked Whole Chicken:
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Season the chicken liberally with your favorite BBQ rub, and coat the entire surface of the chicken.
- If using wood chips, soak them in water for at least 30 minutes before using them.
- Place the chicken in the smoker and smoke for 4-6 hours or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken from the smoker and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving.
Calories: The number of calories in a whole smoked chicken will depend on the size of the chicken and the amount of BBQ rub used. A rough estimate is that a 3-4 pound chicken will have around 1,600-2,000 calories.
- Smoked chicken is a good source of protein, essential for building and repairing tissues in the body.
- It is also a good source of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B12, iron, and zinc.
- It is essential to ensure the chicken is cooked to a safe internal temperature to prevent the risk of food poisoning. The internal temperature should reach at least 165 degrees F to ensure that any harmful bacteria have been killed.
- It is also essential to handle and store the chicken safely to prevent the risk of food poisoning. Make sure to wash your hands and any utensils or surfaces that come into contact with raw chicken.